Forum Game List

Anything other than Towns

Re: Forum Game List

Postby burningpet » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 pm

I must say that there are MANY forum games around here. is it normal for such forums or we got lucky having high percentage of playful and imaginative people around?

Btw - made it a sticky.
burningpet

Postby Aduvash » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:52 pm

burningpet wrote:Btw - made it a sticky.

Thanks! :D I feel very official now...

bobbys wrote:Protect your dungeon is moving slowly due to our "DM" having some troubles moving house. It will be up and running again shortly. As such I reccomend you change it to (moving slowly). If necessary or people complain at me for not knowing what the heck is going on then contact nica911 for a more in depth explanation.

Okay, changing it now.
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
More Plants and Animals! [0.50]
Aduvash

Postby YetiChow » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 am

Very good idea Aduvash, and I'm highly impressed that your original forum game has spawned so many others that the Devs took notice and granted you sticky-dom :D
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Jon_jon13 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:01 pm

burningpet wrote:I must say that there are MANY forum games around here. is it normal for such forums or we got lucky having high percentage of playful and imaginative people around?

Btw - made it a sticky.

I'd say that it's normal on most forums that allow for off-topic games to eventually become like this. Though, this is where I've seen the most role-playing forum games ever XD
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby GreenZanbato » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey Aduvash can you add still accepting new players to my game? Thanks.
Currently dead, but feel free to look through it! Click the banner to go there!
GreenZanbato

Postby nica911 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:18 pm

I think you should put the name of who started or who is currently DMing the forum game. Just an opinion. Btw I'm back :D.
http://www.townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3734 It's a Forum Game!!!
http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3749 A forum game where YOU become the monster desperately trying to defend your dungeon/s!!!
nica911

Postby MaximusPrime3 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:34 am

just checking but is the entire off-topic on hiatus
MaximusPrime3

Postby Emeralda » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 pm

How many people are usually active here? If there would be about 20 people willing, I could host a real bone and rainbows Mafia/Assassin Game with a Code Geass theme, I still have it stored somewhere. It would last about 5 to 7 days I guess, and would require a daily activity.
Emeralda

Postby Baskingner » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:59 pm

im starting a Forum Game real soon too! just waiting for one more person!

Power doesn't corrupt people, People corrupt power.
Baskingner

Postby pander » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:45 am

Yet another forum game currently in the development process: Death is for Heroes.

The game will be set on the island of Al-Ameria (if you get the reference, congratulations on being the same type of nerd as I am), a place where people have somehow become impervious to death through natural means. A cult of worship forms around the idea of heroic deeds through bloody death, namely: heroes are known for having died brutally. Players will start with the decision of whether to join the cult to go down in history as a hero, or to be one of the many other inhabitants of Al-Ameria fated to only ceaselessly hear and share the gruesome tales of the heroism of others. DifH will contain a number mechanics I've always wanted in a game.

The most prevalent mechanic: uncertainty. All creatures - player controlled and otherwise - will have stats and skills, but the exact numbers will be hidden from the players, instead, each player will gain relative understandings and insights, these understandings and insights can be true, nearly true or entirely false based on the characteristics of that player. For instance: a character might roll the trait "delusional", causing her to believe her talents are better than they truly are in comparison to others. Alternatively, the character could be "clairvoyant", allowing him to have a much clearer understanding of everyone and himself. Of course, because a player cannot know whether she has these traits, it'll be a bit of guesswork, trial and error, and - like the title suggests - dying.

The GM will grant these understandings and insights throughout the game through PMs; it is up to the player as to whether or not this information is shared with others (through PMs or to everyone), and of course, to PM the GM as to whomever else finds out.

The character creation may turn some people off. I may as well get that out in the open before the game gets rolling. You will only be able to pick your name, race, and what type of skills you would like your character to have. The GM will then roll to see how successfully your character has been honing skills and attributes, then PM you with your initial understanding of yourself. You will be PMed with your perception of others as you meet them. Heaven willing, you die, you will be given a completely formed new character with new understandings and insights.

In the main thread, the GM will narrate in third person limited, only giving the observable details of events as they transpire (don't ask how I'm going to pull this off, I'm not quite settled on the method yet). Players will be asked to only type out actions and speech and not the thoughts behind them (though they certainly can choose to voice those thoughts to others). For the sake of the uncertainty mechanic I'd want to try to have a large portion of the game run in PMs such as any action or conversation that is held outside the ears and eyes of some party members and then having a system of news where details are conveyed later or through NPCs that might alter the details, but that seems cumbersome, so it's only a vague wish.

All I can give away is that there will be a larger story arc, and that the players will have to play a bit of cooperative clue to piece it together, or antagonistic clue, if a player is so inclined to throw a monkey wrench into the works. My hope is that the game will complete the large arc, at which point I will retype the entire story in a new post in third person omniscient, or if I'm feeling particularly ambitious: first person plural omniscient.
I now run the forum game Tales of Caelandonia http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3769.
Mechanics, rules and story outlines are found in the discussion page: http://townsgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8853
Join us!
pander

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic