The flood (towns based forum game)

Anything other than Towns

The flood (towns based forum game)

Postby Baskingner » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am

Hey guys!

Do you want to play a forum game? Its going to be diffrent then a lot of forumgames, so join! I played a lot of roleplaying games so i know how to make them! If you have any ideas just mail/ message me! The story is about a big flourising city where everyone is rich and happy, but there is a disaster around the corner!
Just post "start" and ill post the story and rules!

Right now i dont have a player who wants to play this game so YOU can start the adventure!
If you have any tips for me or you want something in the storyline or if you have a good idea for a ingame-event just mail me and i will put it in the story if i like it too (probably i will) xD.

Cya soon hopefully,
Baskingner

Power doesn't corrupt people, People corrupt power.
Baskingner

Re: The flood (towns based forum game)

Postby Baskingner » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:36 am

STORY:

Once, a long long time ago, the large famous city of Labargo was one of the biggest cities of the country, miles away from the other cities it was the capitol. All its inhabitants were rich salesman or honoured mercenaries and everyone was happy!
But one day a gigantic cloud went over the city and everything went dark! A few minutes later a loud rumble can be heard, a huge wave clashed over the city, killing every civilian and destroying all buildings.... Killed it everyone? No... Just 10 people managed to flee out of the city and get higher ground... You are one of them and you need to survive. All your equipment is left in the city and help from other cities wont come....

What do you do now? Maybe check out the city and scavange it for supplies? Its up to you! You are the leader of the group, at least....for now

Baskingner

Postby Baskingner » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:46 am

rules:

- this is a towns based forum game so youre only able to use things that are ingame! Or things you see in the adventure, i will call them then...

- personal item spawning isnt allowed! So you cant say: "i will search for items and i find full iron armour!" you can only tell that youre searching, i will tell if you find something! The same with combat and other things!

- everytime someone posts anything thats is about the adventure i will try to log in as soon as possible (at LEAST i will check twice a day) and post 2 messages, the first message is the "answer" of your choices, so there you can see what happens next
The second post is about your supplies, group members and your progress so far, just the ingame info!

- The decisions you make will ALL have concequenses, combat and other things will all be worked out with dice rolls so its about 80% random and 20% already wrote out, but i will ALWAYS tell you how i came to my decision!

Good luck!
Baskingner your GM
Last edited by Baskingner on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baskingner

Postby Kleko » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Brave lord Frost am I! Heroic worker without any end to my mettle! Being the awesome lord Frost I have already hidden away a small stash of handy items for such an emergency. Ditching the waterlogged poor fools who only survived because of me I take a small hidden path to a small grove overlooking the mountain. Here I have a small cash of some bread, a hammer, some leather armour and some logs. As wonderful lord Frost comes closer to the grove he sees that.... (GM time)
Image Stupid people are dangerous in large groups. Especially when we live in a world with water pockets in jungles.
Kleko

Postby Baskingner » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:36 pm

As frost moves closer he sees his well hidden path to freedom and moving away from the so called "fools". But wait.... Something isnt right... A large boulder is blocking his path! with al his power he tries to move the giant rock but it doesnt move... He realises he needs the rest of the survivers to survive this! (OCC: sorry, couldnt allow people to leave right from the beginning). Ashamed frost walks back to the rest of the group and tells them his "rocky" problem immediatly some members of the group tells their names and jobs

- Martin (woodcutter)
- Tyrion (royal guard officer)
- Teanigan (royal assasin)
- Tina (houswife)
- pepijn (mercenairy babarian)

The rest of the people dont says anything, the whole group moves the boulder and move on top of a hill.
They see a 3 landscapes where they can move to but they arent close to eachother.

-forest (more resources, more enemies)
-mountains (less food, less enemies)
-flatlands (more food, less resources)

Where are you moving to? And then?...

Baskingner

Postby Baskingner » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:51 pm

ingame-info:

Group members:

- frost - wearing full leather armour and stone hammer - no job
- martin - xxx - woodcutter
- teanigan - xxx - royal assasin
- tina - xxx - no job
- pepijn - xxx - mercenairy
- tyrion - xxx - royal guard officer
- ??? - xxx - ???
- ??? - xxx - ???
- ??? - xxx - ???
- ??? - xxx - ???

Current base location:
- none

Group supplies: (randomized with D-10 dice)
- 4 bread
- 5 logs

Baskingner

Postby Baskingner » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Come on people! No one interested?

Baskingner

Postby YetiChow » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:50 am

If no-one objects, I'll take on the character Martin. I don't know if there's only 1 character (like Primitive Human), but I don't want to be someone so stuck up as to call himself "the Almighty Lord Frost".

The almighty (at least in his own mind - he can't even shift an obnoxious pebble :lol:) Lord Frost seems like a pompous fool, I declare that the mountains are the best location for a base as they are more defensible. We can always send a scouting party (led by Frost so he doesn't throw a tantrum :lol:) for food - anyone can find something to eat when they are hungry. Meanwhile, I suggest that we use the hammer to break down a rock into slivers and then use them as wedges to split the logs (hit them into the logs with the hammer to force said logs apart), then take the split logs with us as the basis of a shelter. The mountians are also the best vantage point nearby; we can look for signs of survivors or a reason as to where the flood came from (plus it's the best position to be in if there's another one ;)).
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Baskingner » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 am

As frost lost a lot of trust from the rest of the survivors Martin tries to take the role of being the leader! He says the survivors should sent a scouting party to the mountains because thats the highest ground around here, and a second wave wont reach there! Frost is sent to lead the scouts taking tyrion and pepijn with him! While the others may search for some food, because in the mountains, there a lot of food around!
After a long search they found 5 apples and 2 tree sprouts! Maybe for new trees?
After the scouting party returns they report the way to the mountains is perfectly safe away from some lonely yeti! If the group sticks together, they wont be any problem! So all of the survivers move to the mountains and make some planks (sounds a little bit minecrafty there xD) to create a shelter!
Its not a lot of a shelter, but 2 people would fit in! But who?
Everyone is taking a rest for now....

What do you do next?

Baskingner

Postby Baskingner » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:56 pm

ingame-info

Base location: Mountains

Buildings:
-Small shitty shelter (2/2 capacity)

Groupcharacters:

-Frost - wearing full leather armour - no job (at base)
-Martin - xxx - woodcutter (at base)
-teanigan - xxx - royal assasin (at base)
-tina - xxx - no job (at base)
-pepijn - xxx - mercenairy barbarian (at base)
-tyrion - xxx - royal guard officer (at base)
- ???? - xxx - ??? (at base)
- ???? - xxx- ??? (at base)

Group supplies:

2 tree sprouts, 5 apples, 4 bread, 1 stone hammer, 1 stone

OCC: sorry for this late update but i lost my wifi connection!
And @yetichow, its not the idea you control just one character but to take control the whole group! Just as in towns! But the 4 "???" characters dont trust you yet! is that an answer on your question?

Baskingner

Next

Return to Off-topic