Dungeon Crawler (Forum game)

Anything other than Towns

Dungeon Crawler (Forum game)

Postby Sharpscope » Wed May 23, 2012 1:34 am

Hello and welcome to the forum gamer Dungeon Crawler.

The idea of this is that you have entered a dungeon not far from the above ground and you must guide a group of heroes as far as you can and see if you can get the highest score :)

The dungeon idea i made here came from the towns dungeon i thought to myself why not make some sort of hardcore kind of game from the idea for dungeon crawling? Well here it is right? Or am i mentally insane.

Anyway the idea is that you must keep a hero(s) alive and get as far down as you can without losing your hero(s)

So I will patiently wait a good bit for some people to post what hero they wish to be for now heres a list of classes and such:

Barbarian. The main Dmg dealing class, Often known for clearing monsters fairly fast the barbarian has no magical or ranged ability's making this class a melee only this is a suggested class as its one of the easier one's to use.

Paladin. The tank of the group, This class is known for taking large beatings while being able to improve other group mate's performance. This class is a normal difficulty class to control.

Alchemist. The Potioneer of the group, This class is mainly a helper rather then a fighter, He makes potions easier then any other alchemist! His potions come in handy very much but they require good mats to make, This class is heavily not suggested for the difficulty of soloing/staying alive.

Mage. The Spellcaster of the group, This class is another damage dealing class doing more damage then a Barbarian and paladin combined. This mage has mass ability's to magic if he reachs max level (12) he is able to summon mass spells of destruction and as such is a very helpfull class. This is a normal difficulty class.

Warrior. The tank/barbarian mix of the class, The warrior is known for having a balance between damage and tanking but will never master both unless he chooses to drop another. This class is easier to use then most.

Cleric. The main healer of this class, The healer is a essential hero needed in any group, Without a cleric in a group the group is not complete. The cleric is also a slight melee fighter as well. Being able to hold his/her own for a while. This class is suggested as cleric's are alwayse needed.

Rouge/thief. The main stealth fighter of the class, This hero is well known for finding secret treasures and detecting trap's A very helpfull hero to have in the class. This class is hard to use at first and becomes fairly easier to use at later level's. So be very catious of being ripped apart early level's.

Archer. The bow user. The Archer stands behind the front lines shooting arrows after arrows at the enemies and if the monsters get to close they have some melee ability's to knock them back. Known to be very agile almost like the thief/rogue. This class is suggested for its easy laidback fighting style with a bow.

Thats all the classes for now!

If you have any other suggestions for classes please tell me dont ferget to try it out just another note i am not the perfect forumer so i might be inactive a bit, But dont worry about that i will probably be on a fair bit. So enjoy

There are no heroes. The game starts when someone picks a hero and as they go along as others join the group starts to come together. Dont worry about someone being level 12 and a new player being level 1 however. Because if a players is level 12 and a new player joins he/she will be set to level 8 to even it out.

NOTE: Death is death. you lose your character forever and will have two options: Wait to get revived somehow (Wether it be spells or a revival stone or somethin) Or create a new character.

HAVE FUN
Sharpscope

Re: Dungeon Crawler (Forum game)

Postby YetiChow » Wed May 23, 2012 2:31 am

Oooh, sounds like fun. I'm definitely signing up as a mage!

Are the moves we make run through any kind of test (i.e. a dice roll), or will you just decide what happens? If it's option a, could you please give the stats for each class, and explain what they affect (e.g. does dexterity affect chance to hit or chance to dodge, is there a mana/magic system to determine what spells you can cast or is it just one per turn etc)

Looking foward to this. Also, have you tried You Are a Primitive Human?
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby Sharpscope » Wed May 23, 2012 2:58 am

I have tried im a primitive human

HP
MP
Stamina

So here is your mage starting stats i guess

Name: (Name him whatever you want)
HP:20
MP:25/100

Spells. Sadly i preset choose the first level spells you get. Then you decide the rest over a list i give you.
Firebolt lvl 1
Magic missle lvl 0
Mage shield lvl 1

Sadly im not using dice rolls. Well i slightly am and not. Ill decide the outcome of battles by dice rolls most likely
Traps i might use dice rolls sometimes.
So really its my decision to either pick what happens or roll it. So i can really just say a mix between A and B.

So you are in a Floor 1 dungeon (I am not the best at describing so if its not good sorry)
There seems to be nothing of usefullness here except two doors. One left, One right. There also seems to be a lever near a wall.

There is a exit/entrence behind you as well. there are exits sometimes to were you can visit the town and get some stuff. For now you cant go back untill 3 doors are opened.
Last edited by Sharpscope on Thu May 24, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharpscope

Postby Jon_jon13 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:10 am

Add an archer to the group! :P

Gonna snipe them off from 500 miles 8-)
This device requires watergineers, m'lord!
Jon_jon13

Postby Sharpscope » Wed May 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Archer stats:

Name: (whatever you want)
HP:45
Mana:80
Stamina: 100

Ability's.
Double Shot lvl 1
Kick lvl 1(knockback 1)
Speed Shot lvl 0

Read where you are in the mages app so either one of you can decide what to do.

By the way how do i change the colo- oh waitNevermind. :)
Last edited by Sharpscope on Wed May 23, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharpscope

Postby Sharpscope » Wed May 23, 2012 2:37 pm

Ok adding a new thing; Inventory. Cannot belive i completly fergot about it :(

Anyway

MAGES INVENTORY:
Basic Staff (Normal QL)
Amature Robe's.
Spellbook.
50 Coins.
Small Dagger (Poor ql)
Minor Mana pot X3
Minor Health Pot.

Archer's Inventory:
Simple Bow (Normal QL)
25 Arrows
Quiver (30 Arrow's)
Iron Shortsword (Great QL)
75 Coins.
Minor Health Pot X2
Minor Mana Pot.
Basic Archery Clothing.

Btw i did do dice rolls. the higher the number the better stuff you got. mage got 4 archer got 6 so thats why the archer has higher QL stuff. Also it would be nice if you kept track of your own inventory that way i dont have to memorize and edit it and post a new inventory every minute.

Love listening to towns music while reading/posting these.. Ahh.. so relaxing xD
Sharpscope

Postby Aduvash » Wed May 23, 2012 8:55 pm

I'll take an alchemist! Name him Earl.
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
More Plants and Animals! [0.50]
Aduvash

Postby Sharpscope » Wed May 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Ok.

ALCHEMIST STATS:

Name: Earl
HP: 15
Mana: 20
Stamina: 40

Potion's for creation ATM:
Minor Healing Potion. Empty Bottle X1 1/4 Bottle of water. Cheese.... Even if this potion is helpfull it smells like cheesy water... hmm..
Minor Mana Potion. Empty Bottle x1 Bottle of water 2/4 Mana Orb X1 Your average mana potion.........
Speed Potion. Empty Bottle X1 Sugar x2 Bottle of water 1/4. Makes you as speedy as flash!
Regeneration Potion. Empty bottle X1 Minor Healing potion X2 Minor Mana potion X2. Makes you regenerate mana and health fast!
Poison Potion. Empty bottle X1 Bottle of Venom 1/4 Old/rotten Cheese X1. Who would want to drink this? Rather then that WHO WOULD LIKE TO THROW IT? :)

INVENTORY:
Empty Bottle X10
Mana orb X5
Cheese X5
Alchemist Robes.
Small Dagger of Uselessness. (poor QL) -1 attacking abillities. (aka miss more often)

Skills:
Insta Pot! This skill allows you to create a low level potion instantly without using any of the ingredients! To bad you can only use this once every 10 posts from you...
Potion Searcher 2012. This allows you to search body's of dead enemies to gain any extra potions/ingredients :)

Note: Im waiting for you guys to do something to continue. Im just waiting on you. btw im using this color to describe what happens.

Ok editing real fast i actually will make a post on your inventory and edit it towards what you get/drop etc, so check back here often :)
Last edited by Sharpscope on Wed May 23, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharpscope

Postby Aduvash » Wed May 23, 2012 9:56 pm

>Earl strokes his beard as he considers what to do, "Do either of you two chaps have an opinion on whether we should pull this lever?" Earl also comes to regret his decision of spending all his money on a few wheels of cheese as he makes a poison potion. (Using insta-pot)
You are a primitive human not an insult; a forum game. [Currently dead] Note that this was the first forum game on the towns forum, I'm a trend setter. :D
More Plants and Animals! [0.50]
Aduvash

Postby Sharpscope » Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Mage
Basic Staff (Normal QL)
Amature Robe's.
Spellbook.
50 Coins.
Small Dagger (Poor ql)
Minor Mana pot X3
Minor Health Pot.

Archer
Simple Bow (Normal QL)
25 Arrows
Quiver (30 Arrow's)
Iron Shortsword (Great QL)
75 Coins.
Minor Health Pot X2
Minor Mana Pot.
Basic Archery Clothing.

Alchemist
Empty Bottle X10
Mana orb X5
Cheese X5
Alchemist Robes.
Small Dagger of Uselessness. (poor QL) -1 attacking abillities. (aka miss more often)
Poison Potion. (Fair QL)

If you please will every post you make add the current stats/items/spells/abillitys you have. It makes it easier on my part. But you dont have to. You can ctrl C and CTRL v after your post to add the current statistics and also if you can keep track aka like you took 4 hitpoints of damage you apply that when you ctrl v. Makes it alot easier for me but you dont have to :)

You hear Chests being opened to the Right door. The door is locked however. Either obtain a key for it or try to picklock it or bash it down or something. The door is made of wood as far as you all can tell.
Last edited by Sharpscope on Thu May 24, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharpscope

Next

Return to Off-topic