Stonehearth- Any impressions?

Anything other than Towns

Stonehearth- Any impressions?

Postby Kkosher » Thu May 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

I was curious to see if anyone has the Alpha of Stonehearth, and would like their opinions on it so far, and if it is currently worth getting in its Alpha 3 state.

Thanks!
Kkosher

Re: Stonehearth- Any impressions?

Postby YetiChow » Fri May 09, 2014 4:27 am

Kkosher wrote:Hello Everyone,

I was curious to see if anyone has the Alpha of Stonehearth, and would like their opinions on it so far, and if it is currently worth getting in its Alpha 3 state.

Thanks!

Just first off, Alpha 4 is about to drop; you may as well wait for that :)

IMO, Stonehearth is going to be totally worth whatever they charge for it if they reach their goals. For an Alpha-state game though, it comes down to yourself as a gamer - can you stand playing it when you'll be constantly thinking "ooh, that's cool, but uuuugggghhh I really want to be able to ____"; and can you put up with waiting a looooooong time for it? If so, and if you want to contribute to the game and the community, it's probably worthwhile. However, if you just want to get your hands on Stonehearth *right now*, it's probably best not to - you only get one chance at a first impression; and as hard as it is to wait you KNOW that the first impression will get better the longer you wait for it. If you can hold out until it's finished, you'll get the best experience of PLAYING the game, but if you want the experience of watching the game grow (and are prepared not to always be able to play it) then that's what early-access models exist for.

I must note that I don't actually own the alpha, which is why I'm not commenting on how playable/enjoyable etc. it is. This is just my experience with the category or early-access games - my motto is "you're not buying a game, you're investing in an idea which you hopefully get a game out of in the end; unless life gets in the way and it turns into something else". Because we've seen that happen, for better and worse, very often.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Re: Stonehearth- Any impressions?

Postby Kane Hart » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Played it a bit but not sure why I could not stick to it. I think down the road like the above poster said it will be worth it. But right now it's like ehh not quite enough to keep you wanting to play.
Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration.
Kane Hart

Return to Off-topic