the Winter of Frostfall (info)

Anything other than Towns

Re: the Winter of Frostfall (info)

Postby Egreham » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Just cheering in advance to see that you will reply to this thread after long unanswered absence
Apparently, my dragon's dead out of my neglect
Egreham

Postby Niranufoti » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Well, I was here. I just didn't have anything important to say, because I haven't heard from Baskingner in ages. And that's bad.
Niranufoti

Postby Egreham » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:50 am

Well, maybe I could help you out with a magic system.
Egreham

Postby Niranufoti » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:49 am

Well, we'll have to wait until Baskingner shows up again. I hope that's pretty soon.
Niranufoti

Postby Egreham » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:35 am

Oh well. Let me just leave a Runequest magic system suggestion here.
Egreham

Postby Niranufoti » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:17 am

And how exactly does that work?
Niranufoti

Postby Egreham » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Anyone can potentially learn magic (that's its big thing). You cast magic by knowing the spell and tapping in your own mana or willpower (which exhausts you). There are three magics:

Spirit - primitive magic that anyone can learn. (there is a higher level though that has a skill prerequisite)
Sorcery - pretty much the chaotic counterpart of "spirit magic" that's customizable (cost more mana though)
Divine - instead of mana, you sacrifice the primary magic attribute for a "prayer pool"
Egreham

Postby Niranufoti » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:49 pm

I don't like "hard-coded" magic classes. Instead, I go for a base that you can do everything with. We currently have four base elements(Water, Air, Earth, Fire), plus two alignments(Light, Dark). Theoretically, every combination of elements is possible - if it's possible in your mind. So, you can't say "Let's make a combination of Lightning and Poison magic" unless you have an idea of the outcome in your head. Also, there are some combinations that are just too hard to create(like Water and Fire), these will usually result in a chaotic catastrophe.
Niranufoti

Postby Egreham » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:31 pm

Niranufoti wrote:I don't like "hard-coded" magic classes. Instead, I go for a base that you can do everything with. We currently have four base elements(Water, Air, Earth, Fire), plus two alignments(Light, Dark). Theoretically, every combination of elements is possible - if it's possible in your mind. So, you can't say "Let's make a combination of Lightning and Poison magic" unless you have an idea of the outcome in your head. Also, there are some combinations that are just too hard to create(like Water and Fire), these will usually result in a chaotic catastrophe.

So basically Doodle God
Egreham

Postby Niranufoti » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Uhhh... you could say that. Doodle god, but with theoretically infinite possibilities.
Niranufoti

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic