Townies obsessively trading unnecessary item/barrel glitch?

Help us identify bugs by posting them here

Townies obsessively trading unnecessary item/barrel glitch?

Postby jorlyfish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:39 pm

I have a materials merchant in town right now. I had a list of several different things for them to trade with him, and they got through the first several items. After trading all the mud they were supposed to, they are continuing to take mud out of nearby barrels instead of moving on to the next item (bamboo, if it matters).

The extra-weird part is that the barrel contents list will go back and forth between "2xMud" when the townie is "on" the barrel, and "Mud" when s/he is walking back and forth. I'm not gaining any money from the mud they are supposedly dropping off. I tried making the barrels' acceptable item list not include mud anymore, and then they just stood on the merchant and repeatedly dropped and picked up mud on the same tile they were standing on to "give" to him.

My workaround right now is to make it such that nobody can trade and just wait for him to leave, but I would have liked the rest of the money I was supposed to get from this guy!
jorlyfish

Re: Townies obsessively trading unnecessary item/barrel glit

Postby caprontos » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:43 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10891

Should be solved in v14b.. If its the same issue (sounds it).
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby jorlyfish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Current version I'm showing is v14b. I have the game via Steam, not sure if that makes a difference either. Will keep an eye out to see if it happens the next time a merchant comes.

Edit: also not using any mods, this map was started at least during v14 for sure, not sure exactly when though.
jorlyfish

Postby caprontos » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:48 am

If it happens for sure in v14b let us know. Otherwise it should be solved now..
Cha Cha Cha!
caprontos

Postby Hyrus » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:51 pm

It just happened to me and makes the game unplayable... They keep trying to trade stuff that already had all the quantity I assigned to trade given to the merchant.

They never stop trying to give the guy the items, they drop it on him, then pick it up, then put it down, then pick it up, then try to give it to the merchant, and so on... Any way I can fix this?
Hyrus

Postby ragnar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Hyrus wrote:It just happened to me and makes the game unplayable... They keep trying to trade stuff that already had all the quantity I assigned to trade given to the merchant.

They never stop trying to give the guy the items, they drop it on him, then pick it up, then put it down, then pick it up, then try to give it to the merchant, and so on... Any way I can fix this?

If it happens for you and you have v14b please upload your save so devs can look at it. To stop it you can try to disable the trading with jobs, or pause the game and kill the trader with add fluids command, but before that upload your saves.
ragnar

Postby Hyrus » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Any updates on this? I had to abandon that town... Thankfully, it was just an exercise on efficiency.
Hyrus

Postby ragnar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:01 pm

Abandon the town because of the bug? Killing the caravan did not help, or?

Also i have problems downloading it, dont know is it on my end.
ragnar

Postby Hyrus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:26 pm

I didn't manage to kill it, tried placing fluids and it just destroyed stuff around my market... And as I hate these kinds of interventions to solve stuff, I just called it quits.
Hyrus

Next

Return to Bug reports