[minor] x marked Blocks won't be reused

Help us identify bugs by posting them here

[minor] x marked Blocks won't be reused

Postby Germbler » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:03 pm

When I mark a few squares to build blocks and then delete this marks although block is already in build or was built but not set on the square which I marked, the block will get x'ed but not used anymore. New build block jobs will ignore this x'ed block instead of using it before creating a new one.
Germbler

Re: [minor] x marked Blocks won't be reused

Postby Niranufoti » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Yeah, that's the problem with solid(<base>) items: The townies can't go to their position to pick them up, so they end up laxing around doing nothing.
Niranufoti

Postby YetiChow » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:24 am

Niranufoti wrote:Yeah, that's the problem with solid(<base>) items: The townies can't go to their position to pick them up, so they end up laxing around doing nothing.

It's a bit odd, when first unlocked the <wall> tag no longer applies so they're not solid; but if you re-load the game then it re-implements the wall tag and they can't be used. In other words, if you unlock a wall you can move it but if you leave it sitting and quit the game then it gets stuck.

But yeah, the game should remember that it's unlocked AND no longer solid, or else give an option to unlock again.
What's that you're eating? A nice, juicy apple? You weren't supposed to eat that you fool, you were supposed to make it into a pie! - last words recorded words of Francis D'Avre before he went looking for snowcherries, but found a hungry Yeti instead.
YetiChow

Location: Cramped between a Yeti's small intestine and its stomach... trying not to dissolve!

Postby nockdoor110 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:07 am

Hopefully one of the points in there can sort out your issue, I suspect that it's simply that you're ordering a large area of blocks to be placed somewhere that the townies *can* get to but where there aren't any other blocks to support the new ones being built.
nockdoor110

Postby darwingregory » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:22 pm

i had this issue too i hope they can find ways to fixed this kind of problem.
Genius will live and thrive without training, but it does not the less reward the watering-pot and butterfly knives
darwingregory

Postby BlueSteelAUS » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:05 am

i'll try and add something to towns++ mod.. not guaranteeing anything. but i'll try.. (if its possible.. if not i'll write back here why it hasn't been done for a roundtable talk on the matter to see if something can be accomplished. they shouldn't be able to place an item where they can't pick it up from. unless their path to the item has been damaged in the mean time
BlueSteelAUS

Return to Bug reports